Thursday, May 19, 2005

Bring 'em on!

PoliticsNH is reporting that one Gary Dodds of Rye is contemplating joining the race for Jeb Bradley's seat.

Come on in; the water's fine!

There are some folks who hate contested primaries, thinking them divisive, expensive and time-consuming. Indeed, Mr. Dodds voiced such an opinion when he bowed out of a primary for the state senate a few years ago. I don't share that view. I believe that a primary can be a valuable way of building a candidate's message, expanding a party's appeal, and bringing an array of new ideas before the voting public.

Gary Dodd's decision has no impact on how I will run my campaign. This campaign is about ideas and inclusiveness, not stale old rhetoric and insider games. If Gary can offer a compelling case for change, then I welcome his presence out on the campaign trail.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?