Tuesday, August 30, 2005

New Orleans

The scenes coming in from New Orleans have left me feeling overwhelmed.

I lived in New Orleans for three years in the 1990s. The city will always be a part of who I am. Sitting here in Manchester, unable to do anything about the situation in Louisiana, leaves me feeling emotionally exhausted.

My in-laws are riding out the crisis at the home of relatives in Arkansas. It seems that their neighborhood in the Algiers section of New Orleans has been spared some of the worst damage. Other members of my wife's family might not be so fortunate.

Gov. Kathleen Blanco has asked that folks spend part of Wednesday praying for the people of New Orleans. I'm with you, Governor. I hope that all of us, regardless of our individual faiths, will pray for the safety of our friends in Louisiana and Mississippi.

Somehow, someway, New Orleans will survive.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?