Friday, August 05, 2005

Remembering Professor Atkinson

Normally, I don't post matters of a strictly personal nature on this blog, but this morning I'm invoking personal privillege.

Richard Atkinson, the Dean of the University of Arkansas School of Law, died suddenly on Thursday while attending a bar association meeting in Chicago.

Dick Atkinson was one of my professors. He took the stultifyingly dry subject of wills, trusts and decent's estates and somehow made it come alive. He could be tough and demanding, but once class was over, he was always ready to share advice, insight, or just a laugh or two.

If there were more professors and lawyers like Dick Atkinson, then our profession would have a far better reputaion. I know I speak for all of his students, colleagues, and friends when I say that his passing hurts like hell. He was truly one of the good guys.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Dean Atkinson's partner, Dr. Michael Hollomon, and the rest of his family.

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2005/08/05/front/02fzatkinsonobit.txt

http://dailyheadlines.uark.edu/5092.htm

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?