Saturday, November 12, 2005

Election Day Congrats

I want to offer belated congratulations to a few of the winners in last Tuesday's elections.

Steve Marchand is the new mayor-elect of Portsmouth . Steve and I met on Mark Fernald's campaign in 2002, and I consider him to be one of the smartest and savviest local lofficials in New Hampshire. His message of fiscal responsibility and accountability is one that deserves a wider audience.

Jerome Duval is the new alderman from Manchester's Ward 4. Jerome will bring a fresh perspective to a board that too often bogs down in old political gamesmanship. He comes to the board with no strings attached, and will be a refreshingly independent voice in city government.

A tip of the hat also goes to my alderman, Pat Long, and my school committeewoman, Carol Scott, as well as my House colleagues Dana Hilliard, who was elected to the Somersworth City Council and Laura Pantelakos, re-elected to the Poortsmouth City Council.

I also want to congratulate someone I have never met. Portsmouth Councilor Ned Raynolds was re-elected despite being out of state for much of the campaign. Ned is on a tour of active duty with the Coast Guard down in New Orleans, helping that city recover from Hurricane Katrina.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?