Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Swift Boating of Jack Murtha

Remember the disgraceful "Swift Boat" attacks on John Kerry's wartime service? Well, this time it's Rep. Jack Murtha who is the target of the sleazy attacks.

The Washington Post reports that a web site calling itself "Cybercast News Service" is impugning Rep. Murtha's war record and attempting to raise doubts about the validity of Murtha's multiple Purple Hearts.

This is sick and sad.

I don't completely agree with Jack Murtha's approach on Iraq, but I understand where his frustration is coming from, and I have nothing but admiriation for his service both as a Marine and as a member of the Armed Services Committee. A man with Jack Murtha's background deserves better than to be smeared by a group of Beltway apparatchiks who never wore a uniform once they got past Webelos or Brownies.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if Jeb bradley ever questions my patriotism or that of my fellow Democratic candidates, we are going to have to finish the conversation out back afterwards.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?